Whether working with recreational athletes, injured workers, or any other individuals, Steven W. Meier, MD provides each patient with the quality of care given to professional athletes.
Dr. Meier utilizes multiple therapeutic techniques which may include an exercise program, rehabilitation, regenerative medicine, minimally invasive surgery. When surgery is necessary, the most current and leading-edge technologies are employed, which typically result in less postoperative pain and faster recovery.
Teaching and research are essential for staying at the forefront of this evolving medical specialty. Dr. Meier regularly presents his original research, performs surgery internationally, and teaches advanced arthroscopic procedures and regenerative medicine techniques, such as platelet-rich plasma therapy, to surgeons all over the world in countries such as Europe, Asia, South America and Africa as well as within the United States. He has also published numerous articles in specialty textbooks and peer-reviewed journals.
Since Dr. Meier is known to be a leading surgeon in his specialty, patients with difficult and complex joint disorders often seek him out, including those who have had surgery elsewhere with unsatisfactory results. As a consequence, patients often travel from out-of-state and overseas to receive the care of Dr. Meier.
Dr. Meier has, with experience, refined how to individualize and streamline the practice of medicine to meet the demands of high-performance individuals while providing the same level of progressive treatment to athletes and non-athletes alike.
Dr. Meier in the Media
Dr. Meier was recently featured in a USA Today article about NASCAR driver Tony Stewart’s leg injury, offering his expert opinion about what treatment Stewart would need and what the recovery would be like. USA Today interviewed Dr. Meier about this notable sports injury because of his expertise in sports medicine. View the article at usatoday.com
In 2017, Dr. Meier was named a SuperDoctor by Los Angeles Magazine for the 10th consecutive year. He received this award for consistently performing the most cutting-edge orthopedic procedures, conducting extensive research in new and innovative treatment options, and providing the best and most personalized patient care. View the article at superdoctors.com.
Dr. Meier was even featured in Sports Illustrated!
- Steven Meier, MD, performs first shoulder hemi cap arthroplasty at La Peer.
- La Peer’s Joint Surgery Center announces partial knee replacement to preserve joint.
- Dr. Meier Named a SuperDoctor in 2013 by Los Angeles Magazine for six consecutive years.
- Dr. Meier discusses challenges of soft tissue regeneration in rotator cuff injury.
- Dr. Meier performs unicompartmental arthroplasty in outpatient setting.
- Dr. Meier recognized as a Top Doctor by SuperDoctors Magazine.
- 20 Doctors from La Peer Health Systems named SuperDoctors of Souther California.
- Dr. Meier comments on a study regarding MSC therapy.
- Dr. Meier brings expertise to leading-edge regenerative medicines.
- Dr. Meier treats patients in Honduras for the Hackett Hemwall Foundation Teaching Trip.
- Dr. Meier explains the recent findings on shoulder arthroplasty.
- Dr. Meier performs a Natural Tissue Graft implantation surgery, the first procedure of its kind to be done in Los Angeles.
- Dr. Meier discusses the recovery timeline for Chicago Blackhawk’s star forward after an AC joint separation.
Locations for Medical Evaluations: Beverly Hills – Downey – Lakewood – Granada Hills – Hawthorne – Van Nuys – Los Angeles – Huntington Park – Monterey Park – San Pedro – Garden Grove – Oxnard – Panorama City
To learn more, read Orthopedic Surgery Center